Atopic dermatitis eczema is one of the most common forms of eczema, sometimes known as eczema. While it is more prevalent in children and young adults, it can strike at any age.
The most common form of atopic dermatitis shows up as spots of red, inflamed skin with an unscratchable itch and often oozes fluid. It is uncomfortable at the least and, unless treated appropriately, can greatly impact all aspects of your life.
Science has yet to find a clear cause for the condition which has hindered the development of an atopic dermatitis cure. There is substantial evidence to suggest that it results from an internal reaction to the combination of environmental triggers, genetics, and a weakened area of the skin. This combination is complex and is why it is difficult to find an effective atopic dermatitis treatment.
Allergens And Environmental Triggers
Allergens and environmental triggers can be difficult to control as a form of treatment for atopic dermatitis. Some environmental triggers like pet dander, laundry chemicals, and dust mites can be controlled, but they can never be completely avoided.Smoke is often a trigger for facial atopic dermatitis which can be avoided, but you will inevitably be accidentally exposed to smoke at some point or another.
Allergens in foods are also difficult to control. Everyone has unique food tolerances and you could have a reaction to spicy food and another person may react to dairy products. Some people are sensitive to the Ph levels of their food, which is even more difficult to control. You will need to seek the advice of an expert to find your personal food reactions and recommendations.
You should always try to eat a diet that helps treat and prevent eczema, but that may not always be possible. If you eat out or at a friend’s house you cannot guarantee the ingredients. Makeup, skincare, and other beauty products are always highly suspected as allergen triggers. Ingredients in makeup, lotions, cleansers, creams, and nail varnish are always the first suspects in cases of atopic dermatitis.
There are hypoallergenic brands that are less likely to contain an allergen, organic brands made from natural ingredients, and non-comedogenic brands that do not clog pores.
If you are suffering from an outbreak, these kinds of products should be a major part of your personal atopic dermatitis treatment. However, avoiding makeup and beauty products altogether is not recommended because of the negative impact on your quality of life.If makeup and beauty products help you feel better about yourself, then avoiding them to treat eczema is not the answer.
Since you cannot altogether avoid allergens and environmental triggers, it is important that you find safe treatments you can trust. The medical field offers many treatments that are considered the “standard” from topical steroid creams, to prescription pills, and UV light therapy. There are even more complex treatments that require admittance to the hospital but they are normally only used in very severe cases.
There are drawbacks to using strict medical treatments. The extended treatment required from the recurring nature of eczema can make medical treatments costly. Certain areas of your skin, such as your face and eyelids, are more delicate than others and medical treatments are too harsh for these areas. This is why it is important that you have safe and natural methods to for atopic dermatitis treatment that complements your medical treatments.
- Complimentary therapy is a growing technique in treating eczema. It works on the principle that non-conventional methods can improve the healing time, soothing, and quality of life related to medical treatments.
- Complimentary therapy does not replace standard medical treatments, it makes them more effective. The trick is to find complementary therapies that are proven successful and safe.
- One complementary therapy used is massage therapy. It is believed by both science and natural healing that stress is a major trigger for atopic dermatitis eczema. Stress releases toxins into your body.
- Many believe that you can be exposed to an allergen every day but not have a reaction until a period of stress. Therefore, any therapy that helps you relax and prevents your body from releasing toxins into your body is very likely to relieve your condition.
- A similar form of relaxation that has been used as a complementary therapy is acupuncture. In fact, this relaxation technique is sometimes more effective than massage therapy because it can be used on both normal and affected skin.
- Another complementary therapy is Western-based herbal medicine. These techniques are based on plant-derived healing. Roots like white oak and elm are often used.
- Extracts are also very popular, like hemp seed and olive oil. There has been substantial evidence to suggest that these extracts greatly soothe the skin and accelerate healing.
- Whether you are using plant-based remedies, dietary changes, relaxation techniques, or any other complementary therapy, as part of your atopic dermatitis treatment then it is important that you use tested methods and safe dosages.
- The results can be too harmful if you do not. This means that you need to seek advice from an expert in the field.
- The right expert should have expertise in both skincare and natural healing. You should seek advice from someone who is open to both standard and non-standard care because this is the fundamental of complementary therapy.
- Furthermore, your expert should offer advice on a wide range of topics such as herbal medicines, relaxation techniques, food diet and preparation, and other complementary therapies.
- It would also be helpful if they have had a personal experience with atopic dermatitis eczema.
- If you are suffering from atopic dermatitis eczema, be reassured that there are effective treatment options available to you.
- You should be able to find expert advice to get you on the path to permanent relief, no matter how severe your condition is.
- If you find the right combination of standard and complementary therapies you will soon find you are healing and feeling better about yourself.